Sports Injury Clinics
Our Sports Injury Clinics offers men and women from all levels of sporting activity a highly specialised service with expert diagnosis, advice and treatment designed to help you on the road to a full recovery. For patients that may subsequently need surgery, the clinic can provide fast access to appropriate investigations and onward referral to a surgeon if required.
We have a long history of providing physiotherapy services to major local professional sports teams, including football and rugby, and our staff have worked with elite athletes from a variety of sports.
The sports injury clinic at Murrayfield Hospital is located within the physiotherapy department at Beechwood House and is led by Consultant Physician Dr John Wilson and chartered physiotherapists with advanced training in sports injury diagnosis and treatment.
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Rapid access to X-ray, ultrasound scan, MRI, joint injection and pain management
- Referral on to other specialists where indicated
- Isokinetic muscle assessment and rehabilitation
- Gym and track facilities on site
- Advice on all aspects of sports injury management
- 5pm-7pm on Tuesdays at Murrayfield Hospital (appointments are available outside these hours by prior arrangement)
- 4pm-6pm at Shawfair Park Hospital
Please note that hours of opening are subject to change from time to time.
If you wish to make an appointment for the sports injury clinic you can self-refer by contacting us directly on 0131 316 2537, alternately you may attend following a referral by your GP. The latter is usually essential if using insurance for payment.
Consultation (Consultant physician and physiotherapist) (30 minutes) £80
Investigation results (15 minutes) £40
Steroid injection (single area) £75