Vestibular & Dizzy Conditions
Our specialist physiotherapists at Spire Murrayfield Hospital are experienced in the treatment of dizziness and balance disorders. They will take a thorough history and detailed assessment of your condition, provide you with a tailored recovery programme and help you back to living a normal life again.
Dizziness means different things to different people. Symptoms commonly experienced include:
- vertigo - dizziness with a spinning sensation
- nausea or vomiting - particularly when symptoms start suddenly
- feeling light-headed or hung-over
- floating, feeling unsteady or off-balance
- sensation of moving even when you are stationary
- reduced hearing, tinnitus and a blocked ear(s)
- anxiety and loss of confidence
Not everyone experiences all of these symptoms as each individual episode of dizziness is unique. Often people make a full recovery, but for those who don't, vestibular rehabilitation can help to significantly improve quality of life.
Conditions commonly treated include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- vestibular neuritis/neuronitis
- acoustic neuroma
- balance difficulties
Our specialist physiotherapists are happy to receive self-referrals and GP referrals. They work closely with the Neurologists and ENT consultants at Spire Edinburgh Hospitals, and onward referral can be arranged if required.